Return to site

Vayoo update: the occupancy level 3 months in advance (EN, SP)

· Vayoo,Updates,Calendar,Occupancy

ENGLISH TEXT

Dear users,

Many of you have asked us to give price recommendations for more than 3 months. As we have already said last week in this entry, we think that accepting bookings more than 90 days in advance is a bad strategy, as renting too soon is often synonymous with renting below your ideal price. Nevertheless, and due to the number of requests, we have decided to extend our price recommendations to 6 months. But please be aware of the following:

If you look at your calendar more than 3 months in advance, you might see that occupancy levels are higher than expected. This is because more and more Airbnb hosts are blocking their calendar on 90 days, so they don’t get bookings too early. So next time you check the occupancy levels for June or July next year, take into account that some people may have blocked those days and therefore, not rent them. As we get closer to those dates, you will see that the occupancy goes down.

Let’s sum it up. When you look at the occupancy levels of your area beyond 90 days, keep in mind that some of these properties may be blocked and not booked. Therefore, it is better to think about availability than about occupancy. If you see that in June there is a more or less 30% occupancy level, this means that 70% of the properties in your area are available. The other 30% may be busy, may be blocked.

Add paragraph text here.

SPANISH

Estimados usuarios,

Muchos de vosotros nos habéis pedido que demos recomendaciones de precios para más de 3 meses. A pesar de que pensamos que no es lo más adecuado ya que alquilar pronto muchas veces es sinónimo de alquilar por debajo de tu precio idóneo, hemos decidido volver a abrir el calendario y dar recomendaciones de precios para los próximos 6 meses. Ahora podéis ver las recomendaciones precios y también otros datos para los próximos 6 meses como la ocupación.

Cuando miréis a la ocupación tenéis en cuenta que los pisos bloqueados por usuarios que sigan la regla de los 90 días son contabilizados como ocupados. Esto quiere decir que si miráis la ocupación para mayo o junio, puede aparecer como alta, sin embargo, según nos vayamos acercando a las fechas veréis que la ocupación baja, pues a medida que queden menos de 90 días los calendarios se irán abriendo y por tanto abra más pisos disponibles.

Para resumir, cuando miréis la ocupación de vuestra área más allá de 90 días, tener en cuenta que algunas de esas propiedades puede que estén bloqueadas y no reservadas. Por ello, es más correcto pensar en términos de disponibilidad. Si veis que en junio hay un más o menos un 30% ocupado, esto querrá decir que hay un 70% disponible. El otro 30% puede que esté ocupado, puede que esté bloqueado.

All Posts
×

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly